Much of the work we do at Perform Green is heavily project focused. As a result, we have a huge amount of experience in delivering large and complex programmes of work. From smart city operations centres, through digital transformation, commercial strategy and change management programmes, we are often required to provide dedicated and robust programme management as part of our engagements.
We understand that every project is unique and has its own set of requirements, risks and opportunities. When planning a project, we always carefully consider the types of tools and techniques that should be used to deliver the work.
Perform Green’s programme delivery team consists of certified PRINCE2 and MSP practitioners as well as agile coaches and SCRUM masters. Our project consultants have significant experience of running projects using both waterfall and agile approaches. However, in many cases, a purely waterfall approach can be too rigid and a wholly agile approach may not be rigorous enough. We can therefore also blend elements from both to form an approach that flexes to suit every situation.
Examples of how we support our clients include:
- Provision of programme leadership and expertise in director, manager or support level roles
- Production of detailed project and programme plans using a suite of software tools
- Creation and configuration of comprehensive documentation, tailored to match the requirements of the programme
- Building business case, resource estimates and budget forecasts to support programme finances of any scale
- Capture, analysis and resolution of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Requirements definition through user stories and journey mapping
- Management of scope change to align with timescales and costs as required
- Turnaround of failing programmes, including realignment of critical success factors (Scope, Time and Cost)
- End to end lifecycle management including start up, initiation, control and closure
- Clear and coherent governance structures
- Detailed reporting with levels of information adapted to be appropriate for any audience
- Close stakeholder engagement, management and collaboration at all levels of seniority
Typical outcomes our clients are seeking include:
- On time, on budget and on spec delivery across a programme of projects
- Embedded programme management teams supporting our clients
- Process audits and recovery of failing programmes
- Robust programme delivery processes taking elements from multiple methodologies
- Performance improvement and high functioning programme teams
- Achievement against programme level KPIs and SLAs
- Digitally driven innovation across programmes and projects