Croydon Council engaged Perform Green to conduct a Smart CCTV Operations review.
The London Borough of Croydon has ambitions to be a leading Smart City, and at the same time the need to upgrade its CCTV and Control Room technology. This has created an ideal scenario to align these goals with similar activities being carried out elsewhere in the country. Perform Green were tasked with conducting a review of the existing CCTV environment in Croydon and matching it with potential opportunities for expanding the smart CCTV capabilities.
What did Perform Green Deliver?
A team of Perform Green smart city consultants was established to work with key stakeholders at Croydon Council. The project was split into three short phases with the overall aim of delivering a report providing a thorough review of CCTV in Croydon and potential opportunities for service expansion.
In just 7 weeks, Perform Green completed:
- A discovery exercise to assess the existing CCTV estate, network solution and control room technology currently in place in Croydon
- An in-depth research exercise to identify relevant case studies and use cases for smart CCTV services, augmented with our teams already extensive knowledge
- A number of options for alternative connectivity network solutions to replace the existing solution in Croydon
- A series of recommendations on standards, codes, operating models and technology solutions to support any potential new service implementations
- An impact analysis including prioritisation and cost implications associated with new service development
- Detailed technical specifications for CCTV camera hardware and control room operating system software upgrades
The potential new services outlined in the report offer significant cost saving and revenue generation opportunities, as well as enabling new smart city public services in Croydon. The Connectivity Network models provided could also result in huge cost savings for the council
The impact analysis provides the bases for a roadmap to developing funding models and implementation plans for new smart services.
Why Perform Green?
Perform Green are market leaders in developing strategies and solutions for smart cities and smart societies. Our consultants have a deep understanding of the technology, processes and standards required to implement new smart services at local authorities across the UK. Having been instrumental in the development of the Bristol Operations Centre, including a complete overhaul of the CCTV estate and creation of a state of the art control room, we were ideally suited to delivering this research report for Croydon.