Global Change Management: Capability Frameworks & Influencing Culture
We supported the development of key change management capabilities for 3,500 change management staff, who lead major global change projects at an international bank. In particular, we led the review and refresh of the capability framework and associated learning and development, leading to improved change management capabilities, better change outcomes and more attractive career pathways within the bank.
The specific challenge was to engage with a global population of change management professionals, eliciting input and feedback for the capability framework refresh, and on existing learning and development (L&D) provision.
The objective was to:
- create and launch a revised capability framework
- establish a refreshed and relevant L&D programme
- develop a meaningful career development framework
- with all elements aligned to a revised Target Operating Model (TOM).
- All this whilst significant change projects were being delivered across the bank.
The challenge then evolved into facilitating collaboration between Transformation with colleagues in Talent Development, the Corporate University (L&D function) and HR. This work is to create and launch a joined-up, data-driven and user-centric learning portal.
What did Perform Green Deliver?
A fully refreshed capability framework, for over 60 change professional roles, with appropriate learning and development activities mapped to each capability. The L&D provision was aligned with the 70:20:10 learning model:
70% workplace / on-the-job learning
20% learning from colleagues
10% formal “training”
This also involved a move away from a London centric face-to-face learning environment to a more balanced delivery via e-learning, with increased self-direction and the ability to continuous develop in bite size, manageable chunks that complements day to day working requirements.
Perform Green have provided change management and people development expertise to lead this project. By ensuring all systems are up to date and seamlessly integrated the bank will be able to offer the most enhanced relevant learning and career development experience to every individual in the Global Change Practice.
- the alignment of all job roles to the revised Target Operating Model
- a complete refresh of the Capability Framework
- the alignment of all learning and development provision to capabilities
- and the launch of a global intranet site as a portal for all of these.
Perform Green have supported the full company understanding on what needs to happen, who must be engaged with and how to engage all of the relevant parties both internal and external.
Why Perform Green?
Perform Green were able to deliver the right set of skills and experience to support such transformative organisational change. Utilising high level change management, learning and organisational development experience we were able to deliver innovative thinking into a global organisation.
We Worked With the Client to:
- develop a baseline understanding of how to transform “communities of practice”
- how to apply and adopt the ability to share knowledge globally through connecting systems
- and ultimately our expertise will leave a positive legacy of influence on the learning and cultural environment to create a more resilient, effective and happier workforce.