PMO Support Consultant
Perform Green are strategy and change experts. We drive innovation, productivity and a sustainable, collaborative future through digitally inspired change. Our world class people bring first-hand experience to support teams to deliver transformational programmes, underpinned by a robust change management process. Considering commercial and economic models, we ensure our clients gain the maximum value from assets and that a positive, sustainable legacy is delivered.
We have ambitious growth plans and are seeking to appoint a permanent and full time PMO Support Consultant, based at our Bristol office, BoxWorks 14 at The Engine Shed, BS1 6QH. However, must be willing to travel as more often than not will be based out of our client offices which could be Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield, Edinburgh, London or elsewhere in the UK. This is a high-profile role working with a dynamic team across the UK to drive the business forward.
Closing date: Open to Applications
Applications: write to Perform Green and tell us how you could contribute to the success of the business, our clients and our team. Attach your CV and email it to: email@example.com
Working for Perform Green
We offer a competitive package comprising base salary (£30,000-£32,000 depending on experience), 25 days’ annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, and membership of the company pension scheme. We operate a performance-related annual salary review and a performance-related bonus scheme, based on share ownership. Most importantly, Perform Green is a place to really develop your career and capability with a huge variety of opportunities in a business and consulting environment, and a core and extended team of talented individuals who will coach and mentor you to achieve your ambitions.
We are a values based company, a member of the Living Wage Foundation and an certified B-Corp. Every Certified B® must meet exceptional standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. We donate 20% of our net profit to good causes.
Purpose of the role
As a PMO consultant, you will be responsible for the activities undertaken which will be dependent on the programme/project and associated deliverables. The role requires an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is keen to contribute to company growth and to develop their own experience and capabilities.
- Programme Governance & Reporting
- Programme Risks, Issues, Actions and Dependency Management
- Planning Support
- Maintain a Document Library/repository
- Operates programme change control
- Programme Finance Management
- Assist with Management Information and production of reports
- Methodology & Quality Support
- General administrative tasks
Qualifications, skills and experience
In addition to the person specification, you will be of graduate calibre, an individual who is a self-starter and who has at least 2-3 years demonstrable experience in delivering PMO/PSO support to multiple clients and projects, ideally with experience in technology and/or the public sector
- Awareness of Waterfall and Agile project management methods and scrum master techniques
- Strong experience of working in any of the following: Programme Office, Project Office, Programme Support, Programme Administration, Project Administration or similar.
- Promoting best practice and process improvements within the support role
- Aptitude for or experience of working with project budgets, trackers and forecasts and able to provide reports of financial data in accordance with documented processes and procedures
- Ability to take full ownership of work
- Excellent working knowledge of collaboration tools such as Trello and Slack and MS office 365 applications including: MS Word, Excel (practical experience of using for data manipulation, pivot tables, simple formulas for data analysis and reporting), PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ideally good working knowledge of Project Management software (MS Project, or Merlin (Project for Mac)
- Strong learning orientation
- Methodical with good eye for detail
Interest in environment, sustainability and social values.
- Supports Account Manager / Programme Director, Programme & Project Managers
- Interfaces with and supports Finance, Operations and Business Development
- Supports delivery of information into Operations: Finance/Resourcing
- Interfaces with quality and account management processes
- Experience of liaising with external customers, recognising the need to maintain customer service balanced with discretion and commercial awareness